The ideal candidate for this position:
We are looking for a recent college grad or someone who is looking for an internship to fulfill graduation requirements. We would like your degree/area of interest to be in hospitality or a related field.
We would also like to invite people with actual hospitality experience and who may be looking for a career change to apply for this job, too!
(Please do not apply if you do not fit either of these criterias.)
Join an innovative lifestyle team at Long Island’s only Green Certified Hotel. Cross train in a role that combines front of the house and back of the house services to create a meaningful guest experience.
Roles available for recent hospitality graduates or Industry-experienced staff with a track record in Front Desk & Revenue Management or Hands-on Operations.
Paid interns (and/or Industry-experienced) hires will participate in 30 week rotational program with an emphasis in front desk and guest services
- Receive training in operations, logistics, PMS, reservations, food and beverage, groups and events, as well as marketing and community outreach.
- Gain experience in guest services by responding to inquiries, welcoming guests and tending their needs while on the premises
- Take part in the room inspection process to ensure that the guest room attendants and groundskeepers are maintaining the standards necessary to continually elevate the guest experience.
- Inventory management of environmentally friendly amenities, room linens, cleaning products and other products used to enhance the room experience
- Assist the Events Team in planning and executing events hosted by the hotel including weddings, private dinners, production companies, and offsite catering.
- Perform any other reasonable requests made by guests or management
- B.A. in Hospitality management or related field
- Interest and experience in customer service in tourism, agro-tourism, vineyard management or Event Planning
- Individual must love to work with people, be energetic, and embrace the physicality of operations/ role.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well independently, as well as within a team.
- Must be detail oriented and interested in the importance of appearance of the hotel and property
- Must be and computer literate: MS Word and Excel a must. Microsoft Publisher, Photoshop and HTML a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) as well as professional appearance.
- English speaking a must (Spanish language a plus)
- Tips when working in the restaurant
- Meal(s) provided during shift
- If hired as a permanent employee at the end of the internship, will be eligible for benefits including subsidized healthcare coverage, 401k, paid vacation days, and other benefits
- Visa sponsorhip for qualified candidates as well as relocation assistance.
Instructions to Apply
Resume and references required. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail resume to:
The Greenporter Hotel
326 Front Street
Greenport, NY 11944
Phone: (631) 477-0066